Can you imagine a life without hot water? Having access to it on demand is a luxury that we often take for granted. If your hot water heater is showing signs of failure, you should seek replacement before it fails completely and causes a major disruption in your home. If you notice any of the following warning signs of your water heater failing in your home, call Payless. We’re ready to help you today.
Signs Your Water Heater Needs Replacement
- Rust colored water. Your water, hot or cold, should never be brown. Discolored water is a tell-tale sign that your water heater is rusting away from the inside out and may leak soon. To see if your tank is delivering rusty water, drain a portion of it into a five-gallon bucket and look for discoloration. If it’s discolored, it’s likely you will need replacement.
- No hot water. Your hot water should be able to heat with ease and deliver you hot water on demand. If you find that you don’t have any hot water at all, there’s clearly an issue. This can be a result of a few different things: either your pilot light has gone out or your circuit breaker has tripped. It’s also possible that your water heater has reached the end of its life, and that you need replacement.
- Sediment. If your water looks muddy or it looks like there’s pieces of dirt or sand in it, you probably have a buildup of sediment in your tank. Sediment is any solid materials that settle at the bottom of your tank and accumulate over time. If you suspect that you have buildup, you can drain a portion of water from the tank into a five-gallon bucket. If there are debris floating around, try flushing out the whole tank. Sometimes sediment can be removed, but if it’s too severe, it may be beyond repair.
- Cold Showers. Do you have a large family? The more people that are using hot water, the faster it’s likely to run out. Imagine a family of six needing to take showers each morning – that’s significantly more than a household of two or three. Different models are available to accommodate different needs, so if you’re running out of hot water too soon, check to see if your current system is compatible with your needs.
- Strange noises. The older your tank gets, the more likely buildup becomes. Noise is always an indicator that something isn’t quite right, so if you can hear any banging sounds or you find that you run out of hot water faster, it’s highly likely that you have buildup in your water tank. This can put stress on your water heater and cause it to be even less energy efficient.
- Leaks. Hot water temperatures can cause wear and tear over time. When metal heats and cools, it expands and retracts. Over the course of several years, it can damage your tank. Leaks are a major plumbing issue so if you ever notice any water dripping or pooling you should call [Company Name] as soon as possible.
Consult With A Water Heater Specialist:
If you’ve come to the conclusion that you need a new water heater, then make sure to consult a water heater specialist. He or she can advise you about capacity, brand, model, and other factors that are important to making the right choice.
For 24/7 water heater replacement and repair from reliable, experienced professionals, contact Payless Water Heaters: (866) 615-4008. Because we specialize in water heaters, we routinely save our customers hundreds of dollars compared to traditional plumbers, and we never charge overtime fees. Read reviews from our many happy customers.