24-Hour Local Water Heater Repair
Conventional & Tankless Water Heater Maintenance
No hot water in your shower? You shouldn’t have to go another moment without the warm water you need. Payless Water Heaters offers same-day water heater repair & regular hot water heater maintenance in Los Angeles. Even on Christmas Day at midnight, we are there for our customers when they need us most, offering 24/7 emergency repairs. We never charge overtime fees and work only to keep your family comfortable and your business functional.
We have been in the water heater industry for over 30 collective years, and in that time we have gotten fast, effective water heater repairs down to a science. Our team is ready to quickly locate and fix the problem, no matter what type of system you have.
What Causes a Hot Water Heater to Stop Working?
Water heaters have come a long way in recent years and are utilizing some exciting technology, but the fact of the matter is that any man-made machine will eventually need some servicing, and when you need service, you need it now.
There are a number of things that can cause your water heater to stop working, including:
- Sediment buildup from hard water. If your home has hard water, the minerals in the water can accumulate over time in the water heater, resulting in overheating or the build-up of scales on certain heating elements. You will often notice either a rumbling noise or a higher-pitched sound coming from your water heater indicating this as the problem.
- The pilot light is out. This is a fairly simple fix, as all you typically need to do is locate the instructions in the manufacturer’s manual on how to re-light the pilot light and everything will be back to normal.
- A failing anode rod and/or corrosion inside the tank. If you are noticing rusty colored water or a rotten egg smell coming from near your water heater, there could be an issue with your anode rod or the water heater itself.
- Leaks. Malfunctioning temperature and pressure relief valves (T&P), plumbing leaks, overheating, too much pressure, valves that are stuck, and a myriad of other reasons can result in water leaks.
Our team is ready to set you up with a long-term maintenance program or annual maintenance services to ensure consistency, help avoid the sudden need for repairs, and give you peace of mind regarding the longevity in your water heating system.
If you’re in need of water heater repair or maintenance services anywhere in California, call Payless Water Heaters at (888)-548-5632 today. We’re available 24/7 and offer same-day service!
Dangerous Water Heater Warning Signs
When paying attention to your home’s water heater, there are a number of warning signs to keep an eye out to avoid a dangerous situation. Below are a few key things to look out for that may require a visit from your local water heater technician.
Colored Water Coming From Your Pipes
Every now and then, water may be coming through the pipes looking less clear than remembered, and a sudden change in color might be the difference between a healthy water heater, and one on its way out. If you notice rust-colored water or anything that looks to be tainted or dyed in any way, you may be looking at an issue requiring a second set of (professional) eyes.
Less Hot Water Available
Everyone who’s lived in their own home for any length of time seems to get to know the ‘habits’ of how it operates and type of thing that seems ‘normal’ on a day to day basis. If you’re noticing your shower water getting colder faster, this likely serves as a larger red flag and needs to be addressed as soon as possible. Make sure you’re contacting someone before no hot water exists at all!
Odd Noises Coming from Your Water Heater
Hearing weird noises coming from your water heater typically means there could be an appliance issue. More often than not, this should be handled as soon as possible. When it comes to a water heater, built-up sediment that is constantly reheated can eventually cluster, harden, and cause all sorts of internal noises inside the heater. Not only can this be a large maintenance issue, but it can also actually cause small cracks in the heater itself, which ultimately leads to costly leak repair.
Payless Water Heaters has been servicing California home and business owners for over 30 years, and have installed upwards of 100,000 individual units. We take pride in every facet of our work, and we’re willing to stand by our quality team, work, and products.
Types of Local Water Heaters We Repair & Maintain
Your water heater is only as beneficial as the team who installs and repairs it. The newer, tankless water heaters are complex machines that require considerable industry expertise. Our local technicians are experienced and work constantly to stay up to date on these systems.
We can repair and maintain any of the following systems:
Regardless of type, you need a water heater that responds immediately, works efficiently, and that works consistently. Work with experts on even the most immediate of repairs, as the right service providers won’t cut corners and will instill that consistency that you need going forward.
Can Your Water Heater Be Repaired?
If you notice any of the following signs, act fast and you may only have to deal with repairs:
- Your water heater is making a lot more noise than usual: If your water heater is making banging, knocking, creaking, or whining sounds on a regular basis, this could be a sign that sediments have built up in the water tank. When the heating element of your unit makes contact with sediment, the sediment may burn and make a great amount of noise while burning. Our water heater repair team can troubleshoot and remedy the issues right away.
- The temperature of your water is inconsistent: If your water is not heating quickly or is not reaching high enough temperatures, this could be a sign that your thermostat needs to be adjusted. However, if there is a lack of hot water coming from the water heater tank, the gas thermocouple may be broken. Temperature problems can be signs of minor or severe problems and should be addressed by a trusted professional.
- You notice water pooling around your water heater: If there is moisture around the water heater, this could be a sign that there is a small fracture on your unit or that you have a leak in the tank. Remember, when metal increases in temperature, it expands, so if fractures do exist, leaks can occur. Because such issues can be dangerous, especially if the water is hot, it is important to allow a professional to address the issue.
Do You Need to Call a Plumber to Fix Your Hot Water Heater?
If your water heater is displaying any of these signs, get in touch with our local water heater repair team right away. They can help you determine if your water heater can, in fact, be fixed with repairs or if it is time for a new water heater.
Protect Your Water Heater with Our Maintenance Plans
Many of our residential and commercial customers benefit greatly from our routine maintenance plans, but we are also extremely helpful in those untimely moments that require immediate solutions.
Call our local water heater experts today or contact us online to speak to one of us about an immediate water heater repair or long-term maintenance plan for consistency and efficiency in your system.